Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always asking, What if?
If so, then you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Cybersecurity practice as a Sr. Associate Software Development Engineer in Test.
What you ll do
As a Sr. Associate Software Development Engineer in Test at SAS in the Cyber Analytics R&D division (CAR), you will work closely with the SAS Talon Data Science and Engineering teams. You will be responsible for software testing activities, throughout the software release cycle. You will numerically validate and compare with the state-of-the-art algorithms developed by SAS for analyzing network telemetry data. You will have to keep up with the current research and write prototype versions of the algorithms for testing purposes. You will work with limited requirements or design specifications to create unique test cases in accordance with criteria reflecting real customer environments. You will work with cross functional team members to review test design and test cases. You will work with test team members to write automation scripts and automated test cases. You will also create test data to test customer use cases.
- Exercise analytical methodologies to test and validate statistical algorithms and analytical software.
- Perform numerical validation of algorithms including independent coding, cross-validation with existing SAS products or third-party products, equivalence, simulation, or predictive performance.
- Plan, document, and perform functional, validation, and systematic testing for new and existing software and analytics
- Design, implement, and continuously improve automated test frameworks, tools, and scripts that address specific needs in a continuous deployment pipeline
- Report defects, evaluate fix requests, and verify fixes.
- Automate regression testing on all applicable platforms and maintain benchmarks.
- Review software design during development stage and provide feedback to developers.
- Stay current with analytical methodologies by researching literature and participating in courses or conferences.
- Communicate with developers, product marketing managers, and industry experts to define testing strategies and coverage.
- Review software documentation and provide feedback.
- Assist Tech Support and consultants in resolving customer issues.
- Keep current with SAS internal testing methodologies and approaches; regularly evaluate third-party tools/solutions.
What we re looking for:
- Professional knowledge in at least one analytical discipline, or advanced knowledge in several analytical disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Master s degree is preferred.
- Ability to program in one or more programming languages, such as Python, R, SAS IML, Java, C++, Shell Script
- Experience with creating test data for test execution and data integrity verification.
- Experience creating automation scripts.
- Ability to participate in all steps of the continuous development lifecycle; including design, development, testing, and monitoring
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and debugging of complex multi-tiered software applications; ability to develop creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to handle deadlines in multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance on day-to-day work and new projects or assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves:
- Background in one of the following areas: outlier/anomaly detection, dimension reduction or streaming analytics.
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- Solid understanding of software testing tools, methodologies and principles.
- Knowledge of SAS products and their applications.
- Knowledge of third-party products.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and the ability to write and present clearly on technical matters in a business context.
- Ability to resolve problems with varying management assistance, escalating when appropriate.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Ability to learn, retain, grow and apply business and technical knowledge.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see what you ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified sas.com email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at ...@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Associated topics: algorithm, application, backend, back end, c c++, develop, python, sde, sdet, sw