The Friedkin Group's (TFG) Chief Architect (CA) is responsible for establishing and leading an enterprise wide architecture program across a federation of companies within TFG, helping business leaders enable their future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted business outcomes through the choice of programs, projects and initiatives the organization chooses to invest in.
The CA must design a program that is effective across companies that operate somewhat autonomously while being connected by a common core. Must be capable of practically applying existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models. Deliver signature-ready, actionable recommendations to business leaders, so they can adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes.
The CA is accountable for leading, managing and balancing a bimodal architecture program -- tactical, to run, grow and transform the business, and strategic, which designs and enables future-state business capabilities with a focus on technology disruption, speed, agility, and flexibility.
The CA is a practical role and not a TOGAF/Zachman or other theory based role. The CA must be solution-oriented and business minded with significant practical experience in building, delivering & support IT systems in the evolution to being an architect. The ideal candidate will be very strong in either infrastructure or applications, while having sufficient experience in the other.
The ideal candidate is a thought leader, a builder of consensus and of bridges between business and technology while maintaining objectivity and a strong understanding that architecture is foundational for the organization to deliver on its business goals and objectives.
The CA will demonstrate competencies across six key dimensions.
LEAD AND INFLUENCE
* Lead the creation and evolution of the enterprise-wide architecture program
* Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business strategy and requirements
FOCUS ON STRATEGY AND EXECUTION
* Demonstrate the business value of architecture as an enabler of strategy formulation, and as support for technology innovation, which drives the organization's top and bottom lines.
* Formulate, translate, advocate, support and execute business strategy to achieve the organization's targeted business outcomes.
RESEARCH AND UNDERSTAND TECHNOLOGY AND NONTECHNOLOGY TRENDS
* Scan the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
* Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the enterprise's business strategy, direction and architecture.
* Define architecture blue books and technology roadmaps.
ENABLE ENTERPRISE IDEATION AND INNOVATION
* Track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations.
* Run technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of theses into steady-state operations for the organization.
DETERMINE AND HELP ORCHESTRATE THE DELIVERY OF BUSINESS OUTCOMES
* Guide and advise stakeholders about disruptive technologies and trends.
* Ensure technology roadmaps across applications, infrastructure, middleware and other aspects of technology are evolving in sync with each other.
* Work with business peers to develop and present business capability models and roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with stakeholders across the enterprise.
* Lead analysis of the business' future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement and driving the business forward.
* Lead analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
* Present a gap analysis and/or IT investment roadmap that reflects the status of the existing IT estate, namely, its ability to contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems and digital platforms.
* Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
* Lead and facilitate the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide EA decision making.
* Oversee the evaluation and selection of architecture standards, as necessary.
* Consult with infrastructure, project and product teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
* Organizationally savvy, and understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics
* Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
* Ability to translate business needs into EA requirements
* Ability to estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives
* Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
* Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
* Ready to think, behave and act in an innovative consulting manner to drive the organization's digital business strategies
* Understand and speak the language of the business
* Influential in the organization and a team player
* Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals
Directly supervises one or more employees. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Master's or Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
* Seven or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, infrastructure, in a multi-tier environment
* Five or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis
* Experienced with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
* Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
* Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
* Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent analytical and technical skills
* Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
* Knowledge of business engineering principles and processes
* Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
* Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: business analysis, business intelligence, business systems, business systems analyst, client, consult, information technology consultant, market, sap, support analyst