Desktop Support Summary:
Desktop Support Technician is responsible for assisting staff in Corporate Offices, branches, and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer systems and computer peripherals. Your duties may include traveling to any LivWell location, document, maintain, upgrade, or replace hardware and software systems. Responsible for supporting laptops, desktops, printers, and applications in Windows 10/MS Office 365 deployed throughout the company.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Experience with New User Creation, editing, and termination of existing accounts; 1.) 1st-time setup technical instruction for end-user, 2.) Familiar with remote connection tools and effective when working with users to troubleshoot problems.
- First point of contact for support requests and call flow
- Quickly determine points of escalation for specific issues
- Support other office technology, such as televisions, projectors, printers, scanners, video conference equipment, etc.
- Respond to requests for assistance in person, over the phone, via email, and through an internal trouble ticketing system.
- Technical resource for helpdesk and PC support and troubleshooting of complex system problems.
To perform this job successfully, the applicant should be motivated by learning new technologies, improving processes, and delivering excellent customer service. A positive attitude driven by professional curiosity and the ability to work well within a team is a must.
- 1+ year experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and VPN
- Good working knowledge of common office equipment, printers, faxes, projectors, and video displays
- Experience using and administering MS Office365 Suite of programs Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Cloud-based Telephony desktop applications (Soft-Phone)
- Active Directory domain administration
- Windows 10
- TCP/IP Networking and VPN
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration Console
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Remote troubleshooting using Teamviewer
Associated topics: assistant, customer support, edi, excel, information technology help desk, msword, support, system support, technical support, troubleshoot