Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security, intelligence and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation, Raytheon Intelligence and Space provides state-of-the-art electronics, cyber capabilities, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing, effects, and command, control, communications & intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Job Description
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced Windows and Linux System Administrator / Integrator to join the IT team supporting customer programs from the Herndon, VA corporate office. This exciting work involves the systems design, integration, and implementation of various infrastructure technologies across multiple platforms, products, and programs. Raytheon Technologies employs individuals who have a creative and forward thinking approach to product development and deployment. customers solve their most challenging problems, are energized by a dynamic engineering environment that encourages technical curiosity, innovation, a readiness to learn and a desire to grow professionally, we would like to talk with you.
This individual will be an integral member of a small IT team who work closely together to devise creative solutions for challenging problems in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Manage local and remote Windows, Linux/UNIX servers across multiple physical, virtual and cloud server environments
Develop and maintain highly available mission critical services through clustering, scaling, and load-balancing technologies
Develop and maintain detailed backup, DR, and data resiliency strategies Required Technical Skills:
Desired Technical Skills:
- Extensive background in Systems Administration using Windows desktop and server operating systems (2008R2 and newer);
- Experience with various computing hardware and software platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS software applications;
- Experience installing, configuring, hardening, and maintaining Window servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and COTS applications;
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including GPO management, DNS, OU management, etc.;
- Understanding of Active Directory Site and Services, Replication and Domain/Forest hierarchies;
- Experience hardening Windows platforms via GPOs using STIGs or other system hardening baselines;
- Experience with Linux-based Operating Systems;
- Experience with Linux YUM Servers;
- Experience with Development and Collaboration Toolsets, such as: Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum levels of performance;
- Thorough understanding of basic network engineering fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, sub-netting, TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc.;
- Experience with typical VMware products (vSphere, vCenter, ESXi) and overall virtualization implementations;
- Minimal travel possible - less than 5% a year;
- Must be able to attain and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CISSP or Security+ preferred).
Key responsibilities and soft skills for the qualified candidate include
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM);
- Experience with scanning machines for vulnerabilities;
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices;
- Understanding of Public Key Cryptography implementations;
- Familiarity with automated test software including load testing and security testing;
- Experience with command-line interfaces (Powershell, Bash, etc.).
- Experience with AWS
- Working with other members of the IT and engineering teams to brainstorm solutions to complex problems;
- Passion for the cyber security industry;
- Demonstrated experience implementing computer security;
- Ability to adapt both an offensive and defensive mindset to support securing information systems;
- Ability to work with limited supervision; must be a self-starter with initiative;
- Ability to research and create detailed computing system documentation and operational guides/procedures;
- A current Secret security clearance is desired but can be obtained through our customer;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations;
- Understanding of the concepts of Information Assurance.
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and minimum of five (5) years relevant experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: infrastructure, maintenance, network, operating system, sccm, scom, scom sccm, server, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager