Seeking a Senior Architect for LPL's Infrastructure Solutions Architecture / Engineering organization. The Sr. Architect will possess technical expertise and engineering skill which allows them to be considered a leading subject matter expert for both Investor and Advisor themed technology as well as the lead for enabling AWS and/or MS Azure AD technical infrastructure. This individual must be able to work in a fast paced, start up like environment, identify requirements and facilitate implementation, while following appropriate change control and release processes.
- Perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, and facilitate implementation of current and future LPL products that require a thorough knowledge of the technologies and capabilities of the platform.
- Define and Develop Reference Architecture for LPL (Infrastructure, Database, Middleware, ect.)
- Develop / Document High Level Solutions with High Level Estimates
- Develop / Document Low Level Design with detailed quotes
- Design solutions per defined LPL Reference Architecture
- Collaborate with customers/project teams to understand business requirements and develop technical requirements
- Participate in application roadmap planning with stakeholders, application teams and engineering groups
- Contributes to policies, procedures, and standards
- Develop and maintain design documentation standards / templates.
- Collaborate with Project Managers around project tasks and resources
- Assists with coordinating changes across multiple systems
- Performs capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for a variety of platforms and environments.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability, and performance.
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of metrics around the system and institutes a process for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Certifications are a plus (Microsoft, Redhat, Cisco, CompTIA, ect.)
- Knowledge / Experience in the following skill sets:
- Expert / SME - Microsoft Server administration and troubleshooting
- Expert / SME - Redhat Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Knowledgable - Unix / AIX administration and troubleshooting
- Expert / SME - VMWare administration
- Expert / SME - Microsoft Active Directory Setup, Configuration, and Management including Group Policy Management
- Knowledgeable - Network protocols and diagnosing connection-related issues
- Knowledgeable - Firewall Rule Management, Port Translation, Quality of Service, and Network Protocol Routing
- Expert / SME - AWS, MS Azure AD
- Knowledge / Experience with the following would be a plus:
- Scripting - PowerShell, Python, ect.
- Server Build Automation - Ansible, Chef, ect.
- Server Build Orchestration - TerraForm, VRealize, ect.
- Network Security Best Practices and Implementation across diverse technologies and hardware infrastructure.
- Security Information & Event Monitoring Solutions
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Solutions
- Network Penetration Testing
- SQL Server Database Maintenance, Backup, Restore and Upgrade Procedures
- Oracle Database Maintenance, Backup, Restore and Upgrade Procedures
- Internet Email Routing and message delivery troubleshooting on diverse mail systems including Raw SMTP Protocol & MS Exchange Log interpretation
- Microsoft Exchange Internet and Internal Email Implementation, Troubleshooting, Configuration, Transition/Migration, & Administration
- SSL Certificate Requests, Installation and PKI Management
- Able to work on efforts independently and progress in a proactive fashion
- Technical Project Management experience a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation's leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it's like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life's aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant's bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL's Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) ###-####.
Associated topics: architect, backend, c#, devops, expert, java, matlab, php, project architect, software architect