Posting Job Description
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.WarnerMedia's streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also featuresfan favorites from the WarnerMedia library includingWarner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and morethan50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more informationat HBOMax.com.
As a Data Scientist on HBO Max Data Science team, you will support the HBO Max marketing teams understand the impact of marketing on sales, profitability, and brand equity and you will have a deep understanding of different types of media spend channels and associated data, metrics and KPIs.
You will develop, maintain, and refine market mix models and multi-touch attribution models and work closely with marketing team, strategy team and external vendors. Your models and analysis will be used to optimize HBO Max media spend. You will work with a wide array of datasets to craft industry leading models and analyses. The key to this role is the ability to hop into cross-functional projects, executing from start to finish.
- Performance analysis to measure marketing campaigns and make recommendations
- Analyze and have a deep understanding of media spend (investment and return) and measure performances
- Support the development of data framework and analytical approaches
- Develop, maintain, and refine market mix models and attribution models using advanced statistical models
- Build optimization algorithms using the model output to optimize media spend to maximize subscriber growth and revenue
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences
- Present key drivers behind media effectiveness and performance with business partners and senior executives and craft related action plans
- BA/BS in business analytics, statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering, or other quantitative discipline is required. Masters/PhD is a plus
- 2+ years of experience building data science/statistical models (Multivariate regression, Markov Chain Model, Time Series Model etc.)
- Expertise in SQL and R
- Experience in Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution Modeling
- Experience in linear and non-linear optimization (Local/Global) approaches
- Experience in customizing optimization algorithms a plus
- Experience in building RShiny applications a plus
- Experience with ADH (Ads Data Hub) and BigQuery a plus
- Experience designing and evaluating experimental/ incrementality test a plus
- Proficiency using Excel spreadsheet
- Knowledge of media and advertising (display, digital, paid search etc.)
- Passionate about using data to drive strategy and product recommendations.
- Experience in subscription-based businesses or eCommerce preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence.
- A developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands