Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. You might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have progressive heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space.
We are seeking software engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the opportunity? We're looking for you. Here at Raytheon Technologies we are committed to fostering mentorship and career development for our team member. Join a company that will put your development and growth first.
We are seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT) / Control Account Manager (CAM) Lead in El Segundo, California to support our Space programs. Relocation Assistant is available for this position.
As a Senior Principal Software Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT) / Control Account Manager (CAM) Lead, you will follow and/or recommend changes to processes and procedures, provide and meet budget and schedule requirements. The effective candidate will have experience in managing embedded real-time application projects. The candidate should be an experienced and effective communicator, relationship builder and committed to excellence. This position will interface with the Lead Software Engineer, Chief Engineer, Program Manager and other stakeholders to ensure program goals are achieved.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance within 1 year of employment.
Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills Needed:
* 10+ progressive experience in software development or related experience
* Experience with C++ Programming in or guiding of embedded software development
* Experience handling programmatic responsibilities, including scheduling and earned-value management (EVM)
* Experience preparing bids/proposals and financial (EAC) inputs/reporting
* Experience with creating and managing Risks & Opportunities
* Experience with developing and managing Integrated Master Schedules
* Experience with technical overseeing similar to: Engineering Review Boards (ERB) and TRB, Software Change Requests, CCB
* Experience with programmatic overseeing similar to: Baseline Change Requests (BCRs), Control Account management (CAM), Work Packages, Planning Packages, stakeholder presentations, metrics analysis and reporting
* Technical stakeholder experience to team of engineers
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
* Prior Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or line engineering overseeing experience
* Earned Value certified
* Experience with EO/IR Optical Imaging or other payload technologies
* Experience working in Agile-Scrum development methodology
* Experience with JIRA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related STEM degree.
U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task