Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients.To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Junior JAVA/JEE User Interface (UI) Applications Developer to join our team and support our client in the National Capital Region. Successful applicants will demonstrate their experience providing Applications Development support to develop, maintain, and integrate activities for large-scale, enterprise systems for our customer. The ideal candidate will have Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) or related experience. The UI Developer will participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life-cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a browser-based application implemented using Java and backend web services. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Single Page Applications (SPA) as dictated by project requirement.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure responsive design and high performance on desktop and mobile devices
- Work with the back-end developers for designing and building RESTful APIs
- Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA and Confluence, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
- Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the relevant field
- Understanding of synchronous and asynchronous http (get or post) requests
- Proficiency with modern User Interface Design standards using Angular 2+, React, Node.JS, jQuery, and Bootstrap
- Experience with Java frameworks like Spring MVC
- Experience with different data formats (XML, JSON, YAML)
- Experience with CICD process (Git, Maven, npm, Jenkins automation)
- Proficiency using Web server containers like Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat
- Proficiency with Design Patterns and Data Structures
- Understanding of Concurrent Programming and Threads
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Angular CLI and/or WebPack
- Knowledge and/or experience with Typescript Agile development approach
- Experience with Unix/Linux commands and scripting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Clearance - Must have a current CBP Background Investigation or be eligible to obtain one.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Able to work as part of a team and individually with little or no supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to present proposals and performance data, comfortable interfacing all levels of organization
- Ability to write clear and concise creative content in a highly confidential manner
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to effectively communicate project information to customer and supervisors
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: gui, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux ui designer, wireframing