Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is seeking a Full-Stack Analytics Engineer to join our growing Labs product & tech team. This position can be based in our DC, NY, CHI, or SF office, or remote for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate is someone with a broad range of engineering and critical thinking to help us build products that marry technology with our PO on how to influence the most important conversations happening today. Were on the leading (occasionally bleeding) edge of marketing technology, and the learning curve is quick and steep. We need someone who is ready to improvise, innovate, solve problems and apply a data-driven mindset to helping our clients and teammates make smarter decisions.
BPI is a modern communications agency that builds believers for Democratic campaigns, leading advocacy groups, and Fortune 500 brands. Learn more about us at www.bpimedia.com.
- Building end-to-end tools and services that process, analyze, display, and distribute targeting and measurement data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Inform our teams Point of View on ways to integrate existing and custom products that solve business problems.
- Automate and streamline the deployment, accessibility, security, and optimizations of our tools.
Were looking for someone who meets or exceeds the following position requirements:
- Familiarity with possibilities and limitations of coding languages that tell a story. Specifically, intermediate to advanced proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Front-end React, Angular, D3, HTML
- Data Analysis and Visualization R, Python, D3, Tableau
- Back-end data analysis, processing, and manipulation SQL, R or Python
- Demonstrated expertise and a philosophy on building workflows that inform decision-making for less technical audiences.
- Proven ability to aggressively scope a MVP vs. a full product and think about the distance to the end goal in terms of iterative releases.
- You enjoy collaborating closely with your end users on new tools and processes and have an ability to scale that feedback into a product stack.
- You like coming to work every day and collaborating with a team of people as driven as you are.
- Youre comfortable working with teams and clients who are located in cities across the country.
- You enjoy solving complex problems and managing conflicting priorities in time constrained environments.
- Youre motivated to solve problems on behalf of an incredibly diverse set of clients, from progressive political organizations to Fortune 500 companies to non-profit and advocacy organizations.
Nice to have additions:
- Demonstrated UX and UI skills.
- Experience building web interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights.
- Familiarity with the advertising ecosystem (digital and otherwise).
- Experience designing, implementing, and analyzing randomized controlled experiments.
IN POLITICS, THERE IS ONLY WINNING
No second place trophies. No do-overs. You win, or you go home. And winning is all about believers.
Before a brand, a cause, or a candidate wins, an audience must do more than trustthey must believe.
Trust in institutions is at an all-time low. Even favorability is volatile and in short supply.
In this environment, people no longer simply accept assertions from marketing.
Winning today requires believers for whom there is a fusion of confidence in your message and alignment with their values.
Just this year, we have created and activated believers who made new shopping decisions, supported new causes, and became receptive to new messages.
Associated topics: business, business analyst, business systems, business systems analyst, consult, consultant, customer, information technology consultant, marketing, senior consultant