Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Satellite Plant Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Dartmouth, NS facility.
The Satellite Plant Manager is responsible for managing a manufacturing facility, for assembly of customized electrical distribution and industrial control products, in order to satisfy our customers and utilizing all selling and distribution routes to bid, book and administer orders. In addition, the Satellite Plant Manager will support the regional sales force in penetrating the regional markets through control of price and with an emphasis on value and service to the customer. The Eaton Satellite locations (6 in total) are located across Canada and comprise of smaller assemble-to-order facilities and complement our medium to large manufacturing facilities within Canada.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.In This Function, You Will
- Direct and establish objectives for the site’s marketing activities which include growth, operational metrics and manage standard, manufacturing and operating profit.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the sales force, key distributors and customers to determine and assure market success.
- Direct the customer order engineering, systems, quality and manufacturing operations to assure cost, quality and service objectives are achieved.
- Administer, develop and implement policies to assure compliance and uniform application under the Eaton vision in support of “doing business right”.
- Manage and implement cost, productivity and customer service improvement programs.
- Work in conjunction with marketing, plant and functional leaders to develop and implement market driven strategies and coordinate with other Eaton manufacturing plants.
- Develop and execute strategic capital spending plans for the site to meet division and product line growth objectives.
- Deploy and support sound people policies and practices to ensure effective recruiting, training, motivation and retention of personnel, while enhancing organizational capabilities.
- Support deployment of EHS procedures and plans to attain a “zero-incident” culture.
- Provide marketing/engineering consultation and advice to customers, contractors and sales force.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Ethics and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of marketing/sales or operations management experience or a combination of both
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 80 km radius of Dartmouth, NS, will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
Position Success Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution
- 7 plus years of Marketing/Sales or Operations Management or a combination of both is an asset
- Knowledge of electrical commercial environment within Atlantic provinces
- Professional Engineer License
- Proven leadership qualities and demonstrated performance
- Strong motivational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of design software
- Sound technical application engineering experience of distribution and motor control products
- Demonstrated commercial awareness skills and knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Manufacturing & OperationsRegion
North America – CanadaPrimary Location
Dartmouth Ca LocOrganization
ESSG CA CanadaJob Level
Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
NoDoes this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :095435