Senior Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager - Buildings
A Leading M&E Consulting Engineering Firm is Seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer / PM. Ottawa. $80K - $100K.
Your new company
Our client is an industry leading M&E Consulting Engineering firm, with 500+ staff and multiple offices across Canada, servicing buildings in the institutional, commercial, industrial, and residential sectors. Their very well-managed Ottawa office is currently seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join their growing team.
As a Project Manager, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Act as a Discipline Lead and manage the schedules and fees of assigned projects
- Prepare various types of proposals
- Manage teams of technicians, designers and engineers and coordinate the work of the various internal and external experts as part of mechanical design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Perform technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of mechanical building systems for various projects
- Ensure client’s satisfaction throughout the project
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyse, design and adapt mechanical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conducts various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Do interdisciplinary coordination with external professionals
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in mechanical
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering(Building systems) and member of PEO, or College diploma in Building Systems Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and organised
- Leadership and strong client-management skills
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to mechanical building systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in French is an Asset
What you'll get in return
An industry competitive compensation package is on offer, as well as the opportunity to join a leading consulting engineering firm at a time of growth, in a dynamic and exciting role, where you will gain the opportunity to grow your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out to Moe Mansour at (437-266-2732) or (Moe.Mansour@Hays.com) now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.