TechInsights is the global leader in semiconductor and advanced technology analysis, supporting a fair marketplace where intellectual property can be protected and monetized. With a 30-year track record of working with the world’s largest technology companies, we are now an organization of over 300 people. By revealing the innovation others can’t inside the broadest range of advanced technology products, we prove patent value and enable business leaders to make the best, fact-based IP and technology investment decisions. TechInsights is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with operations in USA, Poland, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China, and England.What We Do
TechInsights analyzes technology products from the package to the atomic level to reveal the innovations others cannot. We document our analyses in detail and make this data available to customers through our proprietary platforms and tools. Our clients use our technology intelligence to innovate and advance the world we live in.
In the role of Process Analyst you will participate in technical content build projects, as well as work on projects undertaken in support of our Intellectual Property clients. The work is largely focused on analysis of devices manufactured with advanced semiconductor process technologies and patents related to these technologies. In addition, you will participate in, support and guide research and technical analysis activities. You will also provide technical input and patent analysis for technical content projects for Intellectual Property clients, and actively monitors technology trends.
In this role you will work with technologies within your area of expertise; however, as demands necessitate, you may be required to participate in other technical domains.What You Will Do
Project scoping and proposal development
- Work closely with the Program Managers to gather requirements for project proposals
- Provide technical support during project proposal preparation both during and after the project scoping phase
Technical analysis projects
- Act as project leader for the technical analysis projects
- Prepare lab work orders based on the approved scope of work, and evaluate lab results
- Perform technical analysis of the semiconductor process technology
- Select report content and write customer-facing reports
- Through reverse engineering results, evaluate patents for their use in semiconductor industry and for supportability
- Perform claim analysis and claim element mapping to selective devices to produce Evidence of Patent Use documents
- Verifiy technical content of reports prepared by other team members
Monitor technology trends and developments
What You Have
- Support broader project teams through monitoring technology trends, process/materials development and device research in main area of technical expertise
- Participate in and attend conferences and other events as a representative of TechInsights to both gather and share technical knowledge
- Relevant semiconductor industry experience or equivalent academic experience
- Knowledge base must include at least two of the following areas:
- Manufacturing technologies for advanced CMOS, with emphasis on FinFET
- Manufacturing processes for DRAM, 2D/3D NAND, NOR flash memory
- Manufacturing processes for emerging memory (ReRAM, ST-MRAM, PCRAM, FeRAM)
- In addition to one of the above, at least one of the manufacturing processes: CMOS Image Sensors, BCDMOS, MEMS, III-V semiconductors, Display panels like LCD, OLED, LED
- An understanding of the limitations and advantages of analytical techniques, including SEM, TEM, EDS, EELS, SIMS, FTIR, Raman, SRP
- Experience in intellectual property services such as patent filing, prosecution, technical support for licensing, patent brokerage etc. is an asset
- Strong analytical skills combined with ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and work well with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
WHY WORK WITH US?
Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and career opportunities are some of the components that draw talent to our company. More importantly, our diverse team, strong sense of camaraderie, mutual respect and shared goals that define our culture, keep talent with our company.
TechInsights is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Powered by JazzHR