Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your own career in a nurturing, learning-focused, and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now we are adding a Custom Seating Technician to our team in Vancouver. This is an opportunity to play a tactile role helping create a custom, well shaped seat for mobility devices and directly enriching the lives of the clients we work with. You will work closely with an Occupation Therapist, a Sales Representative, and the client to measure, model, mould, shape, adjust, and quality assure customized seating for clients, taking into consideration a number of factors.
Who you are
You have a passion for healthcare and you want to make a tangible impact on people’s lives. You may be a graduate of a Prosthetics and Orthotics program; a personal support or health care work with sewing and building abilities; or, a highly skilled machinist or welder with courses in anatomy and physiology. Either way, you can balance the technical and the mechanical sides of creating custom seating solutions with the need to communicate in a compassionate and clear way.
What you will do
- Design, create and maintain. You will design and build custom seating and positioning products for our clients based on their individual needs. This may include but is not limited to:
- Attending in person assessments and determining what the needs of the clients are.
- Taking shaping and measurements for custom seating.
- Scanning shape and submitting order forms to manufacturers.
- Shaping and adjusting elements for seating and chairs.
- Deliver a Motion customer experience. Our custom seat technicians are the core of our company, delivering outstanding customer experiences every day. Through honest, empathic, respectful and friendly interactions with our customers, you will build trusting relationships. You will ensure that their needs are met and that we meet our objective to make life accessible.
- Collaboration. Working with our sales representatives and other healthcare professionals, you will provide assessments and create quotes to meet the needs of our clients. You will be a resource and subject matter expert on seat creation and maintenance for the sales team and other business units.
- Be flexible and mobile. You will spend your days traveling to healthcare facilities or client residences throughout the Greater Vancouver area, for fittings and information sharing while spending the balance of your time hands-on in the shop.
What you bring
- Experience. You have hands-on experience in manufacturing, prosthetics building, fabrication, upholstery, commercial sewing or a similar field. You have used and are comfortable with basic software.
- Construction Skills. You are comfortable using shop equipment, including band saw, table saw, shapers, etc. Welding experience would be considered an asset.
- Communication and Collaboration Skills. You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You are able to present solutions to issues and introduce clients to the services and devices Motion offers in a clear and effective way.
- Empathy and Respect. You can engage our clients in meaningful and concise conversations to ensure that their individualized needs are met at every appointment. We approach every interaction with our clients with respect, professionalism and empathy.
- Education. You have a secondary diploma and you have taken courses in applied anatomy and physiology. Ideally, you have a certificate in healthcare, prosthetics, or a related field.
- Additional Requirements. You can lift up to fifty (50) pounds to move equipment and devices. You have a valid G class driver's license and a clean insurance record allowing you to travel in the provided company vehicle. A clear criminal background check and eligibility for bonding is a requirement.
Why join? We are Motion.
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.