Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals. Scope of the Position
Inspects trim, torch and assembles raw product moulded in injection
Unionized Environment: Must be able and willing to work 3 shifts (Midnights, Days and Afternoons) Responsibilities
Starting Rate: $17.63/hr
- Inspects trim and torch and assembles raw product produced in injection;
- Labels work in process tags;
- Enters data of scrap into system;
- Produces components by following work instructions to assemble parts;
- Inspects parts visually for obvious defects;
- Installs tape, steel and/or other components to moulded/painted parts as required;
- Packs finished products in racks, bags, cardboard boxes, dunnage and totes;
- Label parts ensuring label accuracy;
- Maintain records by inputting into the Defect Input Module (DIM).
- Maintains work area per 5S sheets posted.
- Ensures all parts are labeled properly following plant wide colour coding system.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to understand and carry out verbal instructions;
- Remove molded parts from machine or conveyor and trim excess flash with a knife or gate cutter
- Check parts for quality defects; must be able to visually inspect parts produced; shorts, sinks, splay, and colour etc
- Apply proper hardware: tape, clips, foam, trees, etc
- Packaging parts properly in appropriate boxes and bins
- Make labels from computer and apply to boxes and bins in proper locations
- Ensure that all charts are calculated properly
- Chart the proper information every 4 hours or as required by job instructions
- Grind runners and rejects between shots
- Keep machine area clean
- Must wear proper safety equipment at all times
- Must be at work on a timely basis to ensure you are at your workstation at shift start
- May be re-directed at any time
- Must be able to come in on any shift
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.