Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. As such, we're taking several steps to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all technicians with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Screening all clients and employees for COVID-19 symptoms ahead of home visits or onsite entry to prevent contact with those who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the on-going situation and updating policies as needed.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your own career in a nurturing, learning-focused and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now we are adding a Service Technician to our Peterborough team. We need someone who enjoys hands-on work, solving mechanical challenges and has the flexibility to work 8:30am to 5pm or 10:30am to 7pm with the flexibility for emergency calls and occasional Saturdays. We are looking for a Service Technician who shares our passion for enriching the lives of the clients we work with.
Who you are
Whether you have worked in the rehabilitation and mobility space in the past or you are looking to jump headfirst into a new career, this is an opportunity for someone who doesn’t like to be constantly stuck behind a desk. You are someone who can fix mechanical issues with wheelchairs and mobility equipment. An empathetic listener, curious problem solver, and friendly communicator, you are able to provide an outstanding customer experience for every Motion client. You are a Service Technician who genuinely likes to help people.
What you will do
Our clients put their trust in Motion to ensure that their mobility devices are safe and functioning correctly. You will travel to provide in-home repair and set-up for mobility devices, from walkers to wheelchairs. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Diagnose and repair. You will repair custom mobility equipment. This may include but is not limited to:
- Assessing and troubleshooting issues clients may be having with their device.
- Repairing manual and power mobility devices.
- Repairing electrical systems within the mobility device.
- Program and set-up basic power and mobility equipment.
- Deliver a Motion customer experience. Our service technicians are the face of our company, delivering outstanding customer experiences every day. Through honest, empathic, respectful and friendly interactions with our customers, you will build trusting relationships. You will ensure that their needs are met and that we meet our objective to make life accessible.
- Handle service administration. You will ensure that all of our databases (client, rental, inventory, etc.) are up to date and accurate using our Navision software. You follow up with clients to confirm all paperwork such as rental agreements, quotes and client registration is complete and accurate. You will coordinate the pickup and delivery of all rental or custom equipment for our clients as well as any other administrative assigned tasks.
- Be flexible and mobile. You will travel to different sites including hospitals, schools, long term care and client’s homes all within 1.5 hours of Peterborough
What you bring
- Technical Skills. You have previous experience with mechanical or manufacturing diagnostic tools, dispatch scheduling tools and/or knowledge of HME (Home Medical Equipment). Knowledge of elevating, mobility products, Navision or other ERP systems are considered assets.
- Analytical skills. An avid troubleshooter, you are innovative and efficient in your approach to solving problems.
- Empathy. To provide our clients with the best Motion customer experience, we need someone who can be empathetic to our client’s needs and circumstances. You can navigate any situation in a friendly, professional and compassionate manner.
- Willingness to learn. You thrive in an environment where you work with your hands and are able to pick up new skills quickly. Through mentorship and training, we will provide you with all the tools and resources to be successful as our new Service Technician. As you master your role, you can grow your career as a Senior Service Technician, Service Coordinator, or Sales Consultant at Motion.
- Additional must-have requirements. You can lift up to fifty (50) pounds to move or repair equipment and devices. You have a valid G class driver's license and a clean driving record. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable.
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.