Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director Mechanical Car is a strategic leader who will oversee Mechanical Managers, leading them to become a process driven organization resulting in cohesion amongst Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic and North East US facilities resulting in compliance with regulatory and safety requirements, company processes, procedures and business goals.
This position will play a critical role in monitoring the day to day execution of Train Servicing, Car Repair and maximizing AAR billing recoveries. Long term will be accountable for managing both union & non-union hiring, training, productivity and capital improvements leading to network efficiencies resulting in lower operating expenses.
• Provide direct leadership and support to Mechanical Managers Car in the field across Eastern Canada
• Interact directly with US roads to allow partnership capabilities on inspections & maintenance requirements meeting both Canada & US regulations and filing accordingly;
• Identify and rollout tooling & processes for repair tracks across the system resulting in standardized processes for Mechanical Car;
• Responsible for Bad order Counts, target 1% of overall yard volume and repair cycle times within standard;
• Execute Program work plan annually for target completion dates (April 1- Dec 1);
• Execute lease return program work for target completion dates – as dictated by Car Management;
• Interact & develops relationships with regional regulators ensuring compliance as it pertains to train servicing and car repair;
• Oversee Safety program for Mechanical Car, ensuring monthly targets for testing are met or exceeded;
Provide guidance to the frontline for both preventative & post incident investigations;
• On-call 24/7 for mainline outages requiring immediate response from service providers, Mechanical & the individual themselves;
• Develop relationships with cross-functional department stakeholders of various terminals who are responsible for pulling/spotting bad orders for the repair tracks ultimately leading to meeting the target cycle time;
• Develop & execute winter initiatives for Mechanical Car to ensure reliability over the road resulting in meeting train speed targets by region.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering would be an asset; technical expertise at a major railway may be considered;
• 10 – 15 years’ experience in Rail Car Maintenance / Train yard inspection / repairs
• Working knowledge of Association of American Railroads, United States Federal Railway Administration, Transport Canada and Railway Association of Canada is preferred;
• Advanced analytical, economic and statistical skills;
• Ability to communicate to all levels in the organization and influence cross-functionally to achieve strategic business objectives;
• Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Suite;
• Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues;
• Results focused with an ability to apply oneself to support 24x7 operations.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
• Flexible and competitive benefits package
• Competitive company pension plan
• Employee Share Purchase Plan
• Performance Incentive Program
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
• Criminal history check
• Reference check