Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. Our client is currently looking for an FPGA Developer to join their team in Kanata, ON.
Are you interested in working at a dynamic, flexible company that showcases your talent? Want to join a team of other highly-skilled developers using cutting-edge technology? Do you love tackling complex problems and owning the solutions? Here is the place for you.
- Manage, implement, and maintain all aspects of a wide range of FPGAs that will be used in space,
- Work with analysts, board designers and other FPGA designers to design new FPGA-based solutions;
- Design and implement verification test environment;
- Assist with bring-up and debug of hardware in the lab;
- Work with Software engineers to assist with system level integration;
- Evaluate new FPGA devices and related hardware;
- Document all aspect of the design, support and defend design during formal design reviews.
- Support board design activities
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 -5 years related experience
- Digital design background including exposure to FPGA implementation, design and verification using Verilog and System Verilog,
- Experience with Digital design simulation and code coverage tools,
- Experience performing board level testing using logic analyzers and oscilloscopes,
- Proven track record as a fast learner, able to multi-task and quickly become productive adapting existing designs,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Aerospace/military, image processing, and radiation tolerant design experience
- Experience with Python programming language,
- Experience with all steps of the design flow with tools from Microsemi and Xilinx,
- Experience with RTG4, RT-ProASIC3 and Zynq FPGAs