A job for TODAY…a career for TOMORROW!
We are a great fit for YOU if you say yes to any of these questions:
- Looking for just some extra cash?
- Want to work after school and on weekends?
- Looking to make a change in your career?
- Looking to grow into management?
- Want to be part of a family focused work environment?
Everybody is Somebody at Bob Evans...
It doesn't matter who you are, we believe that everyone has a place at our table. If you want to have fun, prepare and serve quality food while working with a team, then come in and visit with us for an interview.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions may be available.
We continue to update our safety and sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our employees and guests.
Statement of Purpose:________________________________________________
This position is responsible for ensuring all guests feel welcome, special and appreciated by "treating strangers like friends and friends like family".
- Responsible for greeting guest in a friendly manner and escorting guests to tables. Monitors guests’ needs and the workflow of the restaurant and seats guests accordingly.
- Conveys the appropriate number of menus, kid packs if needed when seating guests.
- Performs restroom checks, answers phones, keeps lobby area clean of debris, and keeping the general work area stocked and cleaned.
- Practices safe food and beverage handling and clean up at all times and must be able to communicate and interact with guests, handle crowds and put guests at ease.
- Shows guests they care, and ask them about their dining experience. Effectively handle guest complaints and involve manager at appropriate time.
- Handles cash and credit transactions; accurately accounts for all receivables including cash, credit cards, and gift cards.
- Assist in marketing, promotional services and situational selling, such as communicating new promotions, products or marketing information to guest.
- Clears, sanitizes and sets tables as needed.
- Manages a line by working with managers to quote accurate wait times.
- Handles guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent guest service skills and experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change, process credit card transactions, and have strong menu knowledge.
- Computer skills (POS system).
- Great communication skills.
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- At least 16 years of age.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 10 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.