A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Shift: 3pm thru 11pm
Rate: 20 thru 22 an hour
Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors. Install, repair and maintain electrical systems and machinery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered to be essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort is made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform this job in the manner indicated.
• Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematics, blueprints, using hand tools, power tools and electrical and electronic test equipment..
• Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
• Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, connect cables and wires between machines and equipment following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
• Diagnose malfunctioning equipment using test equipment; replace damaged of broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
• Test malfunctioning machinery using test equipment and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers to properly diagnose malfunction.
• Replace faulty electrical components if machine such as relays, switches and motors using hand tools.
• Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electronic components, using electronic test equipment and hand tools.
• Replace electric motor bearings; rewire motors.
• Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical. hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required for this position along with Electrician’s license and/or two-year technical degree in industrial electricity or three to five years experience in Industrial Electronics.
Prior experience in Industrial Electronics in a manufacturing facility.
Continuous standing throughout the 8-12 hour shift; regularly lifting up to 70lbs.; frequent pulling, pushing and bending. Must be able to read and use measuring devices. Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to read specs and prints. The ability to perform visual inspection is a necessity.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.