Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Should be AWS Certified Professional
- Excellent knowledge about AWS services – EKS, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, MSK, Cloudwatch, Secrets Manager, Elasticsearch Service, Kinesis, VPC, Route 53, Direct Connect, etc.
- Should have experience architecting complex architecture/solutions in AWS.
- Should have experience with either Kafka, Prometheus, VictoriaMetrics, Elasticsearch or all
- Should have experience with docker and Kubernetes
- Should have experience in networking, network-proxies like nginx, apache, etc.
- Should have experience in automation tools like ansible, chef, puppet, terraform, cloudformation, etc.
- At least 4 yrs of experience in some development stack like Java, C++, GoLang, etc.
- At least 2 yrs of experience in developing REST based microservices, knowledge of web security implementation using oAuth
- At least 4 yrs experience in architecting complex software solutions for running application at scale in the cloud.
- At least 2 yrs of experience of NoSQL databases
- At least 2 yrs of experience in automated testing using Junit, TestNG, Selenium
- At least 2 yrs of experience in using CI/CD tools prefereably maven, Jenkins, Concourse, docker, git or similar tools
- At least 6 yrs of experience in software development life cycle
- At least 4 yrs of experience in translating functional/non-fucntional requirements to system requirements
- Good knowledge of design patters like singleton, builder, decorator, factory and sorting algorithms
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.