If you see roadblocks as mere challenges and competitors as benchmarks to beat, we share your desire to win. Your creative drive to beat the competition — and beat your own past performance — is applauded and rewarded here. Your "can-do" attitude is what keeps our organization charging ahead. If our approach to business energizes you, beat the competition and apply now!
Responsible for overseeing the completion of multiple projects and assignments, including planning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Interacts with existing customers to increase sales utilizing knowledge of core customers and Core & Main product line. Responsible to profitably grow as-bid margins to achieve Treatment Plant yearly sales goals as a Customer Service Champion for current our Treatment Plant markets; responsible for delivering reliable support to new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. . This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Reviews project requirements and quotes to ensure accurate materials and costs are properly represented. Ensures understanding and approval of our contractual agreements and sees to it that Core & Main’s obligations are met.
- Anticipate, identify, communicate and resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of the correct materials and supplies.
- Determines and coordinates collaboration with internal support teams, external vendors, and others in order to deliver best value for our Customers.
- Provides regular status information to all project stakeholders. Interfaces with Upper Management on project status and related issues.
- Reviews plans and schedules of other participating functions for compliance with the master schedule; resolves scheduling and inter-functional conflicts.
- Participates in or leads weekly or monthly meetings. Reviews open jobs to track and report project status, identifying deviations or adverse trends.
- Coordinates project support from inception through completion.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- Oversees the fulfillment of multiple projects and assignments, including planning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- DBIA and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- 5 years prior experience specific to bid preparation, sales or construction
- Treatment Plant experience
- Strong computer skills desired
- Extensive product knowledge of waterworks materials
- Experience in a relationship and service oriented role in manufacturing, distribution or construction management
- Formal project management training and/or PMI Certification highly preferred
- Knowledge of order entry, inventory management, supply chain logistics process and systems
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.